It’s not often I get tagged in to join in with the community blog posts, so when I do, I do try and join in, this one was originally started on the Geek Girls Guide by Michelle and I was nominated by Emily at Monster Lady’s Diary, and if you don’t check those blogs out already, then do so, they’re good people with some really fun content. (and if you can put up with my wittering, then you’ll definitely find their writing a breath of fresh air!).
There are rules to this, and they are as follows:
- Thank the one who tagged you (Thanks Megan!) and if at all please tag the original post as well. This is my first blog tag and a bit of a passion project so I would like to see where it spreads! Oh and use Super-Happy-Love as a tag!
- Display the Super Happy Love Logo in your post. Share the rules!
- Choose a minimum of 2 out of these 6 prompts to answer in this blog! More is always allowed! These six prompts are as follows!
– Tell about a person you love, this can be a friend, partner but also a celebrity or even YouTuber who means a lot to you. As long as they once took a breath on this earthly realm you are allowed to pick them… Tell us why you love them.
– Write something about a fandom or franchise you love. It can be your favorite game series or about just about anything that is bigger than just a single product! Tell us why you love this so much!
– Tell us something about a character that you love. Do you have a Waifu, a Husbando, maybe a mentor or someone who taught you a valuable lesson? Tell us why you love them.
– Tell us something about a piece of music that you love. Does an anime intro mean a lot to you? Did you have a special memory of a pop song, like your first dance at your wedding? Maybe a piece of video game music? If you love it, you should tell us why!
– Show us why you love a piece of media so much! A Book, A Game, An Anime, A Movie maybe even a random piece of fan art, you are free to pick as long as you can show us why you love it.
– Write something about yourself that you love! For those who like a challenge, there is a hard mode in this blog prompt as well. Tell us why you love a certain aspect of yourself
- Put on your rose-tinted glasses. For once you are allowed to gush about the things that you love without having to balance it out with negatives so that you seem objective. In fact, you are actively encouraged not to bring negativity into this tag. So no “Nowadays.. <topic> is poopoo but back in my days.. .it was great. Just say it was great! Love is blind after all!
- Tag 6 bloggers you love so they can take on this challenge as well.
- Everyone who comments something lovely about your post ALSO gets nominated. (Should they so choose)
- – Tell us about a person you love.
This ones easy right? There’s no picture to accompany this one, she rarely allows pictures to be taken of her let alone shared on public domain. But its the lady I’ve spent the best part of eighteen years with and the mother of my children, Charly. We’ve been through some tough times together, and I’ve not always been the best me I can be, in fact this blog was set up as a means for me to just pour stuff out onto the screen if/when I felt the need to (and then tag it under my Mental Health catergory), and there have been times where both of us has really hurt the other, but we’ve fought through that and come out the other side. She still amazes me, everything has had to be a battle for her, escaping her childhood, being the first and only person in her entire family to make it to University despite being a young, unmarried parent (I was just shy of 20 and she had just turned 18 when we had the first of our three daughters), qualifying as a Nurse, going through three very difficult pregnancies (all difficult for very different reasons too), her passion for her crafts and her garden, her battle with and defeat of a rare form of breast cancer. She finds alot of things very tough, but I couldn’t ask for a stronger woman to be the person to help me raise three daughters with.
- – Write something about a fandom or franchise you love
This is a tough one, just what do I go for? Obviously there’s Final Fantasy and Star Wars, but I think I’ll go for Persona.
The series never made it to the UK until the PS2 release of Persona 3 and even then it was released as part of the Shin Megami Tensei franchise that had seen some positive response with a couple of prior releases on the same system (most notably Lucifer’s Call/Nocturne), despite owning Lucifer’s Call I’ve never actually played it but I did get a real kick out of the Digital Devil Saga games that I got through to review (I can’t remember if my site at the time was still Gamepulse.co.uk or if it had moved to bitparade.co.uk by that point), I knew nothing of Persona when the jewel case with its promo disc was handed to me in a manilla jiffy bag by the Postman one morning but I soon found myself heavily engrossed in exploring Tartarus, going about the day as a Japanese high-schooler and getting to know the likes of Junpei and Mitsuru. I’ve owned almost every release since (save the two more recent dancing games) and have gotten my eldest daughter to play through Persona 3 Portable and tried to get her to play through Persona 4 Golden but she abandoned it somewhere in Rise’s dungeon (I think).
- – Write something about yourself that you love!
This particular one is the main reason I’ve joined in and accepted this challenge, I’m not a person who think’s highly of themselves, I never have been. But my view of myself isn’t half as bad as it used to be. I’ll pick something I’ve grown to appreciate though. You see, I have curly hair, its something I used to absolutely hate. I hated my brother calling me Michael Knight, I hated my aunts telling me “I pay a fortune to get curls like yours”, I hated that they were impossible to brush, actually I still hate that part, in order to do something with my hair I have to wash it and put loads of Dax Wax Red in, but when I’ve done that the thickness of my hair and the types of curl really work for me, I think anyway, so I’ve grown to, maybe not love, but certainly be more comfortable with my curly hair
So here’s the part where I need to tag six other bloggers, as we’re on this new build I’m not entirely sure if this will work as the back-end works a little different to what I’d grown used to on the old version of this site. But here goes: